Gospel artiste Daddy Owen took to social media to celebrate a young girl who has been fighting for her life in hospital for half a year.
Irene Mumbi was discharged from the Tenri Embu Children Hospital and was lucky enough to go back to school.
The form three student was hospitalized after she attained severe burns while saving her disabled mother and a neighbor’s child from a burning house which resulted from a gas cylinder explosion.
Owen shared his joy through social media thanking all who stood with Mumbi in raising her hospital bill and also shared the good news of her returning to school.
“Guys! Do u remember Mumbi? Swipe left and look at her now! God is great!! Thank you JESUS! For those who don’t know the story,” he said.
“Mumbi was involved in a bad accident at her home in Nyeri when a gas cylinder exploded at the neighbor’s house.. after everyone escaped Mumbi realized her mum was still in the house and in the neighbor’s house there was a baby…She managed to save both but unfortunately, the baby died later in the ICU… Mumbi was hospitalized for months.”
This comes after Owen stepped out in May calling on Kenyans to help in raising Mumbi’s hospital bill which had accumulated to Ksh. 1million.
“When I heard the story went to visit her then she was later awarded Malaika Tribute Awards!” he said.
“Her bill at the hospital was a lot of money which I did a campaign and asked my followers to contribute through Paybill.. she was discharged from hospital and she went back home! And now she has gone back to school!”
On 9th June at around 6.30pm, Mumbi managed to rescue her mother Ann Wangeci and a neighbor’s baby from a burning house after the gas cylinder exploded. According to the doctors’ report, she sustained 18 percent burns on her face, chest, hands and legs.
“I do not regret my decision to save my mother and the baby. Though the child succumbed to the burns, I am happy to see my mother alive without any injuries,” she said.